BCM International NI is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide us with. By using our website, any of our services, or providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
WHO WE ARE
Bible Centred Ministries International is a global non-denominational ministry dedicated to Reaching Children and Developing Churches worldwide. We are committed to making disciples of all age groups for the Lord Jesus Christ through evangelism, teaching and training so that churches are established and the Church strengthened.
BCM International NI a company registered in Northern Ireland, with registered office at 41 Seymour Street Lisburn BT27 4SY (NI639093). We are a registered charity NIC105856.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile number, organisation that you represent, bank account details and whether you are a UK tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid. For some events we will collect health information so that leaders on our events have the relevant information to care for participants.
We collect personal information about you when you:
· Ask about our activities either by email, phone calls or face to face meetings
· Register with us for one of our events or activities
· Make a donation to us
· Volunteer with us
· Provide a reference
· Log on to our website – the information gathered here will not identify you as an individual but will indicate which pages are most visited and will help us to improve our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal information to:
· provide you with the services or information you have requested
· process any donation we may receive from you
· ask for your support for our ministry but in accordance with your preferences
· provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have asked to receive
· to contact you for administration purposes
· to maintain records of services provided.
WHAT ARE THE LAWFUL BASES FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the following lawful bases to process personal data:
· Where it is in our legitimate interest to provide confirmations or updates about services we provide you with,
· Where it is in our legitimate interest to keep our beneficiaries informed about our work,
· Where you have subscribed to receive our newsletter by email you will have given consent for us to store your contact information and to contact you. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us.
· Where we have legal obligations under UK or EU law such as fraud prevention.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
· if we are required to do so through a legal obligation,
· to enable us to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or rights under an agreement,
· to protect us.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights to you:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
We are committed to upholding your rights. You can contact us for further clarification or any concerns you have regarding your personal data that we hold by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the details below. Please note that the exercise of your rights is dependent on the lawful basis that has been used for each processing activity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
We minimise the amount of personal data we keep about you and the period of time we hold it for.
In some cases, we retain records for the length of time that we are legally obliged to do so (for example, invoices, payment information, child protection information, minutes of meetings and trustee decisions). In other cases, we apply our retention schedule when we no longer require personal data and ensure its secure deletion or disposal.
We make sure that we don’t collect more personal information than we need in order to carry out our activities and review our practices regularly. When we use third party services and cloud services to process personal data we take due diligence to make sure that they are reputable and have appropriate data protection practices.
COOKIES: Our website uses a limited number of cookies, all from third parties connected to the website, not for our own marketing purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES: This privacy notice does not cover any websites linked to from within our own website (bcmintl.org; bcm.org.uk; bcmireland.ie)
Listed below are the third party service providers which BCM International NI uses. We have chosen providers who take privacy seriously.
Our website domain provider and email host is iPage. They provide an SSL certificate in order to verify the security of our website. All our pages are secure. You can find iPage’s Privacy Notice here:
Forms on our website are created using Form Maker Pro which does not collect or store any of the data submitted by our website visitors; this data is stored in our website database. Form Maker forms facilitate interaction between website visitors and BCM NI as the website owner.
· ACCESS NI
We use Access NI to carry out enhanced checks on volunteers, interns and staff who will be working with children. Access NI is a government body and therefore complies with the GDPR and expects registered bodies like BCM International NI to hold to strict data protection procedures in how we handle the information they share with us. Further details of what information may be disclosed about you can be found at:
We use Sage software to keep our accounts, and to process tax and Gift Aid. Sage is registered in the UK. For more information on Sage’s compliance with the GDPR see https://www.sage.com/en-gb/legal/privacy-and-cookies/
To comply with our legal obligations, BCM International NI must send information to HM Revenue and Customs for tax purposes.
· COMPANIES HOUSE
To comply with our legal obligations, BCM International NI is registered with Companies House. This includes sending personal data on the Company Directors and the Company Secretary to Companies House. For more information please refer to the Companies House:
· THE CHARITY COMMISSION FOR NI
To comply with our legal obligations, BCM International NI is registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland. This includes sending personal data on the Company Directors and the Company Secretary to the Charity Commission. Further data protection information from The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland can be found https://www.charitycommissionni.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/data-protection/and https://www.charitycommissionni.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/freedom-of-information/
BCM International NI has a number of Facebook pages: BCM Northern Ireland and BCM Mullartown House. Facebook Inc. has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. For further information see https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
BCM International NI has a few Instagram accounts: Junior Teens and City Kids. For more information please see https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388.
· PAY PAL
· FILE SHARING WEBSITES
File sharing websites offer a more secure alternative to attaching files, so we recommend their use when personal information needs to be transferred. Dropbox is based in the US but has achieved EU-US privacy shield certification. The Dropbox website gives more information on https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/privacy.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE: We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law, the type of work we do, and our privacy practices.
CONTACT US: You can contact our Data Protection Officer the details below:
Address: 41 Seymour Street, Lisburn, BT27 4SY Phone: 02892603864